RedNBlue Fans

Governor and Kentucky Legislature To Support $100 Million Renovation of UK Facilities.

– The other major news of the day is the upcoming approval of the long-awaited bonding request for the UK football program. In a press conference Thursday at 10:30 a.m., the Governor and Leaders of the Kentucky House and Senate will announce support of a bonding request by the University of Kentucky for a $110 Million dollar renovation that will allow for the upgrade of Commonwealth Stadium and the Nutter Football Training Facility. According to KSR’s sources, Governor Steve Beshear, Speaker of the House Greg Stumbo and Senate President Robert Stivers will announce their joint support for the measure and their desire to have it passed in both the House and the Senate and signed by the Governor. To say this is huge for the program is an understatement. For years, Kentucky has lagged behind its SEC counterparts in almost every area, especially facilities. Mitch Barnhart and company were able to make small strides with upgrades to the video boards, but until now, lacked the funding to make the major improvements required for the program to take a significant step forward.UK Football back on the right road..To SEC Competition and Beating Cholly Strong ....Go Cats!

Views: 536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beating Charlie Strong and UL must be a major worry of yours little man (see TINY)    Well isn't that like counting your chickens before they hatch?  

UK is going to put a much un-needed burden on it's already over taxed and underpaid Kentucky workforce. Especially it's own fans who milk cows, strip tobacco, move trailers, and grow pot in the hills just to survive......hehehehhehehe The lucky ones work in the Coal mines which our Government is closing down......... so way to go UK, build a new house for your team of LOSERS.

Maybe they can look good Losing in a new stadium....... then again, maybe NOT  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like putting make up on Nancy Pelosi. Put all you want on her but she is still one ugly ole hag!

"UK Football back on the right road..To SEC Competition and Beating Cholly Strong"

Based on the Sugar Bowl, you got that in the right order--start small, try to win a couple of $EC games in one year.......THEN maybe you can run after the Big Boys!

Actually Mr.Big you're wrong.

UK unfortunately has to ask permission from the State to issue bonds.

UK has the resources to finance these improvement, but as the State of Kentucky is a Commonwealth they (UK) must ask permission to issue bonds (acquire debt). Due to the dysfunction of our current and past leadership in Frankfort UK is way behind the curve wherein facilities are concerned.....but it has nothing to do with desire or revenues.

UofL has no such requirement. Therefore you have the debacle that is currently playing out with the YUM center and its voodoo financing (lies).

MrBig said:

Beating Charlie Strong and UL must be a major worry of yours little man (see TINY)    Well isn't that like counting your chickens before they hatch?  

UK is going to put a much un-needed burden on it's already over taxed and underpaid Kentucky workforce. Especially it's own fans who milk cows, strip tobacco, move trailers, and grow pot in the hills just to survive......hehehehhehehe The lucky ones work in the Coal mines which our Government is closing down......... so way to go UK, build a new house for your team of LOSERS.

Maybe they can look good Losing in a new stadium....... then again, maybe NOT  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I agree KY is a commonwealth,

Louisville is the tax base for the commonwealth of Kentucky, if UK is given this gift, as a tax payer in Louisville I say you are welcome.

Explain how UK asking permission to go into debt is a gift?

Explain to me where UK asked for tax dollars?

I think you are getting your arguments mixed up......if you want to talk about the Rural Roads Act, then we might be in agreement.

GO Yankees said:

I agree KY is a commonwealth,

Louisville is the tax base for the commonwealth of Kentucky, if UK is given this gift, as a tax payer in Louisville I say you are welcome.

tHE big dog has to be fed...Uavel gets scrape and Big Brother gets the Prime Rib...snicker

MrBig said:

Republicans are the Majority in the State Legislature they pass the laws.

Bluecreeker said:

Actually Mr.Big you're wrong.

UK unfortunately has to ask permission from the State to issue bonds.

UK has the resources to finance these improvement, but as the State of Kentucky is a Commonwealth they (UK) must ask permission to issue bonds (acquire debt). Due to the dysfunction of our current and past leadership in Frankfort UK is way behind the curve wherein facilities are concerned.....but it has nothing to do with desire or revenues.

UofL has no such requirement. Therefore you have the debacle that is currently playing out with the YUM center and its voodoo financing (lies).

MrBig said:

Hey Douche Bag..These are not taxes....They are bonds..Get it?  Bonds are paid back..Taxes affect everyone..How stupid are you????

MrBig said:

By all means - let there be a "stupid-off" between grover and hunter.  Sadly I think we all know that it would result in a 0-0 tie...

Listen up Mr Smart Ass..... (try to figure the hidden meaning in that name Dr Phil)  Just because you and I are fellow UL fans and have agreed on most all things up until this recent banter over Gun Control, is no reason for you to start acting like one of those UK jerk fans, or even worse old Gay-me.

Look, I believe in my right to bear arms, and YOU don't.  I own guns, and maybe YOU don't, I fear they may someday come for my regular guns (I don't own one single assault rifle, or big clip gun) You think that is a crazy idea....OK   But you don't have to get all up in my shit and gonna show me how intelligent you are and how below you i am.....Hell why don't you just slap a CalaSlimy sticker on your Prius and go Big Blue on us.

So go ahead and stay anti-gun, lick the Governments lollipop, while chasing Rainbows and playing in LaLa land, but act like a fellow UL fan and not a dickweed....OK

I'll keep my guns, you keep your opinions, lets root for UL, and I hope and pray YOU or your family Never find yourself in a place of needing some type of protection from some maniac......you will wish you could shit out a gun then.    Go Cards / Get well quick Behannon / and UK Sucks

By all means - let there be a "stupid-off" between grover and hunter.  Sadly I think we all know that it would result in a 0-0 tie...

Well only because you asked so nicely...

BTW - in the effort to make sure that we understand each other - I don't have any problem with you or anyone else (in the non-crazy category) owning guns.  I just think that we are smart enough to come up with a solution that will result in both, fewer people losing their lives in gun violence and, you being able to have a shotgun, rifle, handgun or all three. 

If we are so jaded and fearful as a people that we can't even come together to attempt to save the lives of our fellow citizens, then we've lost something even more important - our humanity.  

MrBig said:

Listen up Mr Smart Ass..... (try to figure the hidden meaning in that name Dr Phil)  Just because you and I are fellow UL fans and have agreed on most all things up until this recent banter over Gun Control, is no reason for you to start acting like one of those UK jerk fans, or even worse old Gay-me.

Look, I believe in my right to bear arms, and YOU don't.  I own guns, and maybe YOU don't, I fear they may someday come for my regular guns (I don't own one single assault rifle, or big clip gun) You think that is a crazy idea....OK   But you don't have to get all up in my shit and gonna show me how intelligent you are and how below you i am.....Hell why don't you just slap a CalaSlimy sticker on your Prius and go Big Blue on us.

So go ahead and stay anti-gun, lick the Governments lollipop, while chasing Rainbows and playing in LaLa land, but act like a fellow UL fan and not a dickweed....OK

I'll keep my guns, you keep your opinions, lets root for UL, and I hope and pray YOU or your family Never find yourself in a place of needing some typw of protection from some maniac......you will wish you could shit out a gun then.    Go Cards / Get well quick Behannon / and Sucks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Blog Posts

Position Breakdown: Offensive Backfield

Posted by Shane Stovall on August 15, 2013 at 8:30am

Position Breakdown: Linebackers

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 13, 2013 at 2:27pm

Position Breakdown: Linebackers

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 13, 2013 at 2:23pm

Position Breakdown: Kickers

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 4, 2013 at 2:37pm

Position Breakdown: Secondary

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 4, 2013 at 2:35pm

Position Breakdown: Offensive Line

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 4, 2013 at 2:32pm

Louisville stinks

Posted by Saml31 on January 26, 2013 at 2:14pm — 7 Comments

Meet the Florida Gator Defensive Line

Posted by Shane Stovall on December 21, 2012 at 3:46pm

Florida's Sensational Secondary Is Scary...Good!

Posted by Shane Stovall on December 21, 2012 at 3:44pm

Terrence Ross and Richard Benjamin Named MVP's

Posted by Shane Stovall on December 21, 2012 at 3:40pm — 3 Comments

© 2014   Created by cjricman.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service