RedNBlue Fans

Just like Frazier, you could hear the huge thud as UK fans all across the hills of eastern KY fell off their couches and their bar stools when NOEL went down, and so went the Big Blue Nation with it....... CRASH BANG POW   hehehehehehhehe

            Poor kid should have left Calaslimy alone and went to the NBA, then starting today after his injury he would be getting paid a really nice lump to sit out the rest of the year. Instead, now he will see how quick CAL will let him slid while he (Cal) tries to redeem himself with the rabid UK fans who won't like missing the NCAA Tourney.......

   You know those toothless hillbillies can be pretty mean when they find out that the NCAA Tourney CAN and WILL go on without them.  HAHAHAHAHHAHAA

     To BlueCrack, Saint Bluieville, Gay-Me and his posse of 16 different poser names, I say sincerely to you from the bottom of my heart..........HAHAHAAHHEHEHHEHEHEHOOHHOHOHOHOHHOHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

   

  

Views: 709

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hunter - Noel couldn't have bypassed college and gone to the NBA - that avenue doesn't exist anymore.

BPG....Coulda played overseas for one season.

 

Still think they'll get in the big dance as one of the 34 at-large selections - unless they totally fall apart throughout the remainder of the season. We know how good Calipari is at recruiting. Now we'll find out just how good of a coach he really is. I've seen others with less talent take their teams deep into the tourney. 

Gotta hate it for this kid.

I think UK will struggle to make the field at this point. This is a team with no offense other than Wiltjer and Mayes. Goodwin, Poythress, Cauley Stein are just too inconsistant.......and they don't have a clue as to what the're supposed to do.

The one shinning positive this team had was their defensive stopper in the paint. As soon as Noel went out Florida attacked the paint and scored at will.

I don't see it like a lot of UK fans do, I hate to see them struggle...but it is just a bunch of kids playing a game.

Hope they can pull it together and post a few W's so they have a chance at the tourney (not NIT).

Right TM - though I doubt that's what was being advocated.  The last kid I remember going that route was that California kid Jeremy Tyler - that was supposed to come to UofL and, it all blew up in his face in the Israeli "A" league.  Has anyone else even tried it since then? 
 
tonymontana said:

BPG....Coulda played overseas for one season.

 

Still think they'll get in the big dance as one of the 34 at-large selections - unless they totally fall apart throughout the remainder of the season. We know how good Calipari is at recruiting. Now we'll find out just how good of a coach he really is. I've seen others with less talent take their teams deep into the tourney. 

 

Didn't Brandon Jennings play in Italy for a season?

Bobby P's Ghost said:

Right TM - though I doubt that's what was being advocated.  The last kid I remember going that route was that California kid Jeremy Tyler - that was supposed to come to UofL and, it all blew up in his face in the Israeli "A" league.  Has anyone else even tried it since then? 
 
tonymontana said:

BPG....Coulda played overseas for one season.

 

Still think they'll get in the big dance as one of the 34 at-large selections - unless they totally fall apart throughout the remainder of the season. We know how good Calipari is at recruiting. Now we'll find out just how good of a coach he really is. I've seen others with less talent take their teams deep into the tourney. 

He sure did and its worked for him nicely. Nice call. I wonder if Noel's injury will lead to more of that?

I hate to hear the bad news for Noel today.

Luckily, he can come back 100% eventually from an ACL injury now days. I hope that he and his family decide to keep him at UK one more year instead of entering the draft. Chad Ford said he could still go as a top five but others think his NBA stock may be have gone down some.  I were his father, I would keep him in school one more year.

The good news is that he is young and in good shape, those two factors will help him heal.

Thanks,

I like Nerlens, although he has outstanding talent, he is a work horse always giving 100%. All is not lost for UK. You still have a lot of talent on that court. 
 
Bluieville said:

Thank you for the classy comment Yank. A tip of the hat to you, Sir!
 
GO Yankees said:

I hate to hear the bad news for Noel today.

Luckily, he can come back 100% eventually from an ACL injury now days. I hope that he and his family decide to keep him at UK one more year instead of entering the draft. Chad Ford said he could still go as a top five but others think his NBA stock may be have gone down some.  I were his father, I would keep him in school one more year.

The good news is that he is young and in good shape, those two factors will help him heal.

Well I think that if you are a Wall, a Noel, a Davis, a fill in the blank of who Cal is getting next year and beyond, you're probably thinking about bypassing college like you've never done before. I think that the conventional wisdom used to be, it was financially smart to go to the one year of college - that way the fans (buying public) could develop some sort of recognition / attachment to you that would mean endorsement dollars. I'm just not so sure that means as much anymore, and certainly not enough to get hurt for free...

Bluieville said:

That's what I'm hearing, Bobby. Andrew Wiggins?

Bobby P's Ghost said:

He sure did and its worked for him nicely. Nice call. I wonder if Noel's injury will lead to more of that?

The main point of contention with the "NBA one and done" is the reality kids who would be earning a full ride with the intention of actually attendind school and earning a degree are being bypassed so as to keep on reloading teams with 8 month players who have no intention of learning just to feed the NBA with new stock.

It is really a travesty and a mockery of amature athletics which is what the NCAA was founded on.Now the NCAA spends so much time investigating admission requirements being skirted they have no time to focus on the STUDENT athlete...

I assume you use the term "amateur athletics" loosely. I also feel many one and done'rs have no right to be in school. Call it what you will.....creative tutoring or whatever. Many of these kids (Eric Bledsoe comes to mind) should have never worn a College uniform and odds are they never wanted to. The system just provided yet another hoop for some of these obviously disadvantaged kids to jump through. The NBA needs to find a place for these kids.....without exploiting them (like colleges do).

Big money has forever changed the game (period). I too hate the "one and done" rule and agree it should go away. My opinion however, is that this must be instituted by the NBA. A decent "D" league with decent $$$ contracts ($50K to $100K) is where one and done kids should go. This way they can get paid, and the integrity of the college game can be re-instituted to a very small degree. The age limit should stand....but some of these kids just have no business, no need, and no desire to be in school.....which also means they "steal" a scholly from someone who actually wants to be a student.

Oh yea......I also feel every Scholarship Student Athlete should receive a stipend from the school as they are not allowed to work a part time job, and believe it or not they still have to buy stuff. I have a brother who went to UK on a full Baseball scholly, and my Mother (single parent at the time) struggled to cover other various costs related to living expenses not paid by the school.

Just IMHO

I say let the kids enter the NBA right out of high school if they want. If not then they must stay in college until they are a junior, just like baseball.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

Blog Posts

Position Breakdown: Offensive Backfield

Posted by Shane Stovall on August 15, 2013 at 8:30am

Position Breakdown: Linebackers

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 13, 2013 at 2:27pm

Position Breakdown: Linebackers

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 13, 2013 at 2:23pm

Position Breakdown: Kickers

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 4, 2013 at 2:37pm

Position Breakdown: Secondary

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 4, 2013 at 2:35pm

Position Breakdown: Offensive Line

Posted by Shane Stovall on May 4, 2013 at 2:32pm

Louisville stinks

Posted by Saml31 on January 26, 2013 at 2:14pm — 7 Comments

Meet the Florida Gator Defensive Line

Posted by Shane Stovall on December 21, 2012 at 3:46pm

Florida's Sensational Secondary Is Scary...Good!

Posted by Shane Stovall on December 21, 2012 at 3:44pm

Terrence Ross and Richard Benjamin Named MVP's

Posted by Shane Stovall on December 21, 2012 at 3:40pm — 3 Comments

© 2014   Created by cjricman.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service